Tomato Soup makes for the perfect lunch or dinner especially when paired with fresh bread or grilled cheese for dunking. This soup is incredibly easy, it only requires FIVE ingredients, and the flavor is simply delicious! What more could you ask for?
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 (28 oz) cans Whole Plum or San Marzano Tomatoes
4 Tbsp salted butter
3 cloves garlic , minced
2 cups Progresso™ Chicken Stock
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
1/3 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Meanwhile add canned tomatoes along with the juices to a blender and process until well pureed (if you like your soup with more texture you can go ahead and leave some small chunks).
- Add garlic to pot and saute 30 seconds then pour in tomatoes and chicken stock and bring to a gentle bubble.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in half of the basil, season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour into bowls and drizzle each serving with cream if using then sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy