Perfectly golden brown, tender pan seared chicken breasts are topped with an easy to make, rich and flavorful spinach artichoke sauce. A recipe that’s so good you’ll want to add it to the dinner rotation!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
4 (6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp flour
5 oz fresh spinach, rinsed, drained and chopped (3 1/2 packed cups)
1 (14 oz) can artichoke quarters, drained and chopped
1 1/4 cups milk
4 oz Neufchatel cheese, diced into small cubes
1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pound chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Rotate chicken to opposite side, add continue to cook until chicken is golden brown on bottom and center registers 165 on an instant read thermometer, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet used to cook chicken over medium heat. Add garlic and flour and cook 30 seconds then add in spinach and artichokes and saute until spinach has wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour in milk, while scraping up browned bits from bottom (don’t worry if you can’t get all of it, the golden bits will come up as it continues to cook).
- Add in Neufchatel cheese and parmesan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook and stir until mixture has thickened slightly and cheeses have melted.
- Stir in sour cream then return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy